|Taken one year ago.|
Fewer and fewer songs are becoming relevant to me. Here is are the songs that have mapped my adolescence so far.
Please not that this is not a list of all the bands I have seen live or all the music I like, yet that which I feel inappropriate for me to listen to now unless in nostalgia. In melodramatic terms.
- 11, and my first concert. Avril Lavigne was spectacular and I cried a bit. I saw her 2004 at wembley and as I said to Mum I'd never seen so many people that all looked like Avril. Nailpin supported. I didn't like that I had to take the cap off of my bottle of water.
- Billy Idol's Sweet sixteen was the best thing about being 16. I think I was 16 when I saw him live too.
- Being 17 was rather terrible apart from the girl in Mcfly's 'That Girl' had "just turned 17" so that made it kind of okay. I was also blonde just to suit the song even more.
|Me at 17 (with Hayley P)|
- When I turned 18 I didn't know what to do with my life and I was only earning £30 a week. This didn't bother me however as college was over and I went to the pub every night. I was also newly single and so being free, 18 and single all at once for the first time was very exciting. In the words of Alice Cooper- "I'm eighteen and I don't know what I want"
- This is a song which shall soon not apply to me. Well I'm not sure how to handle that.
- I feel I am dangerously close to meeting my childhood friends and pondering how strange it is to be fully grown. Bloody hell I might even have a baby to bring.
That's the end.